Thursday, December 20, 2012

Look who joined me in Europe!




DIS is over but that certainly doesn't mean the adventure stops. Look who's arrived in Copenhagen! Having my parents here has made me see the city in an entirely new way. It's so nice to be able to show my parents around and my love for this place has clearly shown. I've been able to show them the metro system,  my favorite cafes and keep them from being hit by passing bicycles. (What would they do without me?)


 My History of Copenhagen class combined with my love of facts has prepared me well to be a great Copenhagen tour guide. I think it's about time for me to leave this place and I couldn't have asked for a better way to say goodbye. I've also been able to cross off more on my "to do list!" I finally saw the crown jewels, finally ate at the restaurant by my house I've been too cheap to pay for,  went to the Carlsberg brewery and then went to the Louisiana Museum (I've been too cheap to pay for it). Hmmm...I'm sensing a pattern, aren't you? It's weird to get out of the "poor student" mentality of traveling, it will certainly be different but I'm not sad about it!
 
Finally went to the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art. I'm not a huge modern art fan but the 40 minute train ride was worth it if, for nothing else, some delicious food and a beautiful view of the water! Got there just in time for a lovely sunset (which, by the way, is at 3:30pm...yeah...crazy, I know)


We went to Tivoli and had a lovely, hyggelig dinner with my Danish parents. And even Arielle was back for that night from her weekend in Switzerland to join us for dinner. My entire Copenhagen family was together to meet my parents! It was just lovely. 


I know I've said this a million times, but it's just so beautiful!



It really has been a great way to say goodbye to this adorable little city. I'm certainly going to miss it and I'm definitely glad I got to share a little bit of my amazing time here with my parents. Now onwards to Prague!














No comments:

Post a Comment