Monday, December 17, 2012

"Greenhouse is full of love"


"Greenhouse is full of love (very sustainable love)"
I'm lying in bed in the Greenhouse for the last time. I have been conflicted about how to write this because I can very easily make this an incredibly cheesy post about how thankful I am for this amazing journey (which is true), about how I've grown as a person (hopefully true) and about how terribly I'll miss my incredible friends (definitely true). It's been a weird few days. Lots of goodbyes and lots of denial. What makes it even weirder is that while all of my friends go home, my journey continues! In a way I think having my parents arrive will be a good transition and I'm excited to continue my European adventures (without the hostels and picnic lunches...what a concept!) I picked my parents up at the airport yesterday! I can't believe it's been so long! I had a Danish flag to wave and some licorice and soda to greet them with, it was adorable if I do say so myself. Expect some more posts in the future about a very different European experience! The best part about them coming is that my final "goodbye" to Copenhagen gets to be introducing the city to my parents. This week has been dominated by final papers and final goodbyes. And I just love transition so much so it's been fun.

Some final, snowy bikerides past the frozen lakes.




A last trip to Christiania to see the coolest Christmas markets I've been to and to walk around a place that looks a bit like Narnia.


Some last weird "crap, we have so much random food to eat" stir fry. 

  
Final hugs and goodbyes to the best housemates I could have asked for...Friday night we rented out the building across the street and had a party which was fully stocked of our favorite snacks, our favorite people, some Christmas beer, and lots of tissues (we're all quite sick...at this point, I could barely speak, it was kind of pathetic).

I thankfully still have some time to say goodbye to this city but I must say that without these incredible people, my experience would not have been the same. I haven't talked much about my friends here but I can assure you, I've definitely lucked out. They're all so amazing and I've learned something from living which each and every one of them. These goodbyes have been sad but hopefully they're just some "goodbye for nows." And hey, we've already started conversations that begin with "oh yeah, and next summer when we're in Germany" or "Summer 2014? See you at the Roskilde music festival?" Maybe it's just some crazy fantasies but who knows!  

No comments:

Post a Comment