Wednesday, December 12, 2012

It's the final countdown.

One of my roommates leaves today and it will be the first of many goodbye's I'll have to say. I can't believe it's almost over and that I need to start packing my things and moving out of a place that really has become my home. So how have I been spending my past few days (aside of course from dealing with such incredibly mixed emotions?) Well, I've been doing my best to check more things off the Copenhagen list and taking lots of pictures because I don't want to forget how beautiful this city is!

The last day of classes was last friday which means that finals are upon us. Luckily I don't have a tough finals schedule and even more importantly, my grades here don't transfer into my gpa at home. I mention that not because I haven't been doing well but just to help you understand how I can have a 12 page paper that I haven't started and still make it a priority to go to a museum...or two. I just can't make this paper a priority when I know that I only have a few more days in one of my favorite places in the world. 


I finally went to the National Museum of Art! Check!



Wow, I'm gonna miss walking by this castle. And below another castle, I finally saw the remains from the castle ruins from Bishop Absalon's (the founder of Copenhagen) original fortress.


Last Greenhouse dinner! Perri and Arielle made an incredible vegan pot pie!


Copenhagen. Please stop being so beautiful, you just make it harder.

Last official Copenhagen family outing last night. Arielle and I met our visiting parents at an old pub and had quite a bit of some of the strongest glogg I've ever tasted. It was delicious and very strong. I've been so thankful to have Lotte and Johnny, they've been so good to us and it was so nice to have a family here! Ahh so many sad goodbyes!

Today Arielle and I took a "short" break from homework to go on a walk. We ended up in the Danish Design Museum which was cool and featured a lot of modern chairs (as Danish design usually does). It also had a room full of lounge chairs, vinyl records and big headphones to just sit and listen to. Copenhagen...stop being so much cooler than me. Then Arielle and I finally stopped for some smorrebrod on the way home. Check and check. 


And we ended our night with a trip to Christiania for this year's last installment of "Science and Cocktails." Like last time, this one was equally weird and cool. A professor came and spoke with us about meteors and asteroids. Then I came home and finished my paper! Basically, I feel like a winner at study abroad right now. Hopefully I can keep up the momentum the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment