Sunday, December 23, 2012

Is this real life?

  
The picture doesn't do it justice but heres the Prague Castle and Charles Bridge at night. 
Once again I have to ask myself, how is this my life? Three years ago, a volcano messed up my flight to Prague. Well, this definitely makes up for that. It is beautiful during Christmas (though freezing). The Christmas market is adorable and old town really does look like it popped straight out of a fairy tale. 

To the right above is the Christmas market on Old Town Square from the top of the Astronomical clock tower. We spent quite a bit of time strolling amongst the stalls of crafts, hot drinks, and lots of sausage stands. Every hour, the clock moves and there's a trumpet player. It's quite the spectacle....especially for people like my mom who loves that sort of thing. We watched the "show" three times today. She cheered the loudest because she's adorable like that. 

 

I would be lying if I told you it was all kicks and giggles over here. To the left, we're on a group tour and I am beyond freezing (hence the happy face.) Let me tell you, Prague in the winter is cold. Very very very cold. After our tour we very quickly returned to the hotel and got under our blankets to sleep away the cold and travel exhaustion. Today, however, I have learned. On the right, is a much happier Molly. 2 hats, 2 long underwear shirts, a sweater, leggings, jeans, 3 pairs of socks, winter boots, 2 gloves, and 2 scarves. I wish I was kidding. Oh, and I forgot the most important part: hot wine. 


 
Sampling some traditional Czech food. If the meal on the left doesn't scream Czech I don't know what would. And on the right is my mom lookin all cute with her new favorite treat, a bread/donut concoction. 




 
And of course, we're doing some good ol' sight-seeing. Saw a famous baby Jesus and the John Lennon wall which was really cool. After what my dad called the "hippy wall" we then walked to the restaurant that had been recommended to me by a friend. The only thing better than the look on his face when I tell him it's a vegan restaurant is watching him try to read the menu. (I ended up ordering "vegan fish" while he got a "hippy salad").


Prague is lovely and tomorrow is supposed to be above freezing so maybe I can leave one of the scarves at home! That's exciting. More to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment