Sunday, December 9, 2012

An Ode to My Bike.

If you haven't been able to tell, I'm getting pretty nostalgic about leaving. So soon! I can't believe it's almost over. I'm getting so sad to leave Copenhagen and my friends. Plus I don't do well with the whole transition and change thing. Something tragic happened today: I just got an email that I have to return my bike in the next few days! I've become so attached! One of the best things I've done this semester and something I'd recommend to anyone living in or visiting Copenhagen is get a bike!

I even paid the extra 75kr to add a basket! So cute! And I don't know if anyone else could ride this bike. It's very very tall. It's so perfect! Don't make me say goodbye!


Nothing like a sunset bike ride. 




Biking makes me love the city so much. It's so fast and Copenhagen is so beautiful and so biking friendly. My bike and I have had some great adventures together. We've biked to Amager for field studies, we've biked to see the ocean, we've biked through beautiful parks, and on crowded streets, and over the most biked across bridge in the world. Plus the best thing is that we get mistaken for Danes. I was walking my bike the other day and a woman started speaking to me in Danish. When she found out I had no idea what she was saying, she said "Oh, I assumed because of the bike..." This made my day because let's be honest, passing as a Dane has become my main goal/pastime.



Biking after jumping in a freezing harbor. So immersed.
 Biking gives you an entirely new appreciation of the city and it's so easy and fun! And cheap! It's the best. There's nothing like watching the perfect synchronicity of bikes through Copenhagen. It's so awesome. I shot some shaky video of a few bike rides and put together a video! Warning: those with motion-sickness should be warned before watching. Be warned and soak in the awesomeness of the bike.




No comments:

Post a Comment