Sunday, September 2, 2012

I need more naps




This viking lives under Kromberg castle. He's supposed to
wake up if Denmark is ever in trouble. 
I'm not cut out for this whole exciting European city nonsense. Even with my two cups of coffee (at least) a day, I just don't have the energy for this. This weekend was particularly exhausting. After four classes in a row starting at 8:30 on Friday, I had dinner with my Danish class (free meal!) and then somehow rallied to go out that night (unhappily I might add). Saturday morning, up and at 'em for a trip to Elsinore Castle (where Hamlet takes place). It was a really beautiful drive along the coast and so nice to get out of the city! Christine and Renee both go to Wooster and we had planned this before we left. After several hours there, DIS drove us home and I immediately took a two hour nap.





It was the Stroget's 50th anniversary and we could hear music and fireworks from our house...but couldn't muster up the energy to leave our comfy living room! (I know, worst city-dwellers ever). When we finally left we saw the party had ended and instead of doing something exciting like you might expect a group of 20 year olds to do, we stopped by Netto for baking supplies. Peanut butter bars to the rescue!


Meghan admiring our beautiful concoction.

Sunday morning, up again nice and early because the entire Green House began our big bike ride at 9:30 sharp. (They're killing me). We rode to "Better Place" an innovative electric car company. We were given a presentation and we even got to drive the cars! (It was completely silent, you couldn't even tell if the engine was on). Then another 6km (yes...I said "another") along the coast to a Deer Park. We had a lovely picnic in the woods, walked through Brakken, the oldest amusement park in the world and made our way back. I could tell you about how beautiful the sailboats are and how the sea air rejuvenated my spirit...but really I was just thinking about how much I would kill for a seat cushion (so. much. pain. I won't elaborate more than that.) We came back, got in our own beds and watched Netflix.



 Clearly this life is just too exciting for me. Something drastic is going to have to happen if I am to survive the next few months (maybe I can look into a caffeine IV or something). In the meantime, goodnight, I need to rest up before another busy week!




No comments:

Post a Comment