Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Dinamarca!

We all missed each other so much in the two days we were gone (dawww) that we made a family dinner Sunday night. (I'm only being slightly sarcastic). So, since vegan Danish food is a bit tough, we went for good ol' Mexican (one of my roommates is vegan). Some yummy veggies, beans, Guac and chips made for a delicious Sunday meal. I participated in the grocery shopping...and took pictures as the rest of the gang cooked. My only responsibility was setting the table - the only non-food related job. It was delicious. We lit candles and the evening was full of "hygge"- a basic aspect of Danish culture essentially synonymous with cozy (I love this!)


                                                      Awww look at them cook!                        See! I can help!


Today was beautiful. It's been a bit chilly lately - already started wearing boots and sweaters in August (it's gonna be a rough winter). But today was in the 70's, the Copenhagen version of hot. (Made even hotter because I accidentally checked the forecast for Sweden instead of Copenhagen and dressed accordingly...whoops). This evening was the perfect temperature and I dragged Hannah to climb the Round Tower with me. We see it every day but I had yet to climb it. One more thing off the list. It was beautiful and it was so cool to be able to point to all of the landmarks we recognized and knew. By this point, I have a pretty good mental map of the city but seeing it from this vantage point was really cool.




Hannah and I at the top of the tower! To the left is the
view from the top and the arrow is where I live!







Because neither of us wanted to start our homework (oh yeah...that thing called school...) we decided to walk around a bit. I'm in love with Rosenburg Castle and pretty much take every opportunity to walk past it. Then my buddy Hans Christian Anderson read me a short story...probably something shockingly dark and gruesome, he seems to be good at that. 


2 comments:

  1. Love the picture of you and Hans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food looks great...remember these skills sets when you come home. Host family sounds so delightful...hope to meet them in December when we are there....Love reading the blog

    ReplyDelete