Friday, September 21, 2012

Happy Monthiversary Copenhagen.

My dear father was kind enough to remind me that I have been slacking in my duties as a travel abroad blogger. It is true and I apologize. I've officially been here for a month and I feel obligated to reflect...probably why I've been procrastinating. Copenhagen and I have been together for more than 30 days and I feel like I should be, at this point, somehow more worldly or independent or cultured. Instead, I just feel like Molly...who happens to be living in Europe. Maybe that's part of the process. I can't believe it's already been a month and I definitely went through a bit of a one month study abroad crisis. There's just so much I want to do! But enough, study abroad blogs have a tendency to be overly sentimental and cliche and I promised I wouldn't do that.

Doesn't everyone see this on their way to the library?

Yesterday I finished class before noon, walked to the Black Diamond, the Royal Library, where I attempted to do homework. I sat outside the library and soaked in the wonderful UV rays and when a large ominous cloud came, I made my way into the library. I eventually mustered up the courage to walk into one of the reading rooms. I was in a room where Lenin studied during his time here (I also happened to be reading a book about Russian history). How freaking cool is that? It's moments like these that have been my highlight - exploring the city on my own and realizing that I'm in an incredible and history city. So happy one month anniversary Copenhagen! Now let us now raise our glasses to Copenhagen and skål (cheers!) 



p.s. I just bought tickets to the Russian Ballet...which I will be seeing in Russia...in a week! (Whatttt?)
p.p.s. I just bought an absurd old Danish man alcoholic beverage that literally says: "Good for morning, hunting, fishing, and birthdays" #win (I had my Danish RA translate...he laughed at me when he saw what I brought back from the grocery store. It's not my fault I'll buy pretty much anything with a Danish flag on the label!)

No comments:

Post a Comment