Thursday, May 23, 2013

Onwards and Upwards




After a short 2 our flight we made it to Guwahati. There was a goat in the airport parking lot. So that's a thing. We squeezed into 2 small cars and made our way past a very different looking India - this time rainy and cloudy and cooler!






We passed more cows, dogs, colorfully painted trucks, lots and lots of people, billboards and I immediately put my seasickness bracelets on as a preemptive measure.                                                            We then stopped at a restauraunt that looked more like it belonged in the swiss alps and served..."Chinise" food? 


After a long and bumpy and terrifying drive we made our way to Siloam - a retreat center for St. Anthony's College by a beautiful lake (which we didn't see until morning). I would have slept on the way but the anxiety of near death experiences kept me awake. You know how that is.

After a very nice dinner at the retreat center we all went to bed (have I mentioned yet how much I miss my nice fluffy bed? Apparently only rock hard beds are acceptable here). The sun rose around 3 and by 5:30 it was shining bright so I went to the patio and soaked in this beautiful view:


It was the only really peaceful and relaxing morning we've had this entire trip. We leisurely woke up, ate our breakfast and went on a nice little group nature walk. Oh. And Jesus was there too (see left).


But you know, I could really get used to this. 




Mom I took this picture in your honor!



The weather was beautiful, the facility was gorgeous and let's be honest, who doesn't need a good path to wholeness every now and then? We boarded the bus, sad to leave but excited to finally feel settled into our new homes in Shillong. It was a beautiful 1,500 ft. climb upward.







We finally made it to Shillong and Kenneth and I tried to wave at every single person we saw. And we took a whole lot of pictures along the way too. Of course. 





 And at last we made it to St. Anthony's College - our new home for the next 15 days. 




1 comment:

  1. Molly
    Thanks for the photo and you look great in red...

    ReplyDelete