Friday, August 24, 2012

The stereotypes are true!

Okay, so before I came, I was told a few things that I took to be rough generalizations. False. The people are tall and beautiful. So. many. beautiful. people. If you're looking for an ego boost, this is not the country for you. Second, I was told they were very intense about the biking...also true. I signed up for a bike because that's pretty much the easiest way to get around but I'm also terrified to bike on these streets! There are more bikers than cars and I've almost gotten hit several times, it's scary! Next, no J-walking (my Boston blood cringes every time I wait for the walk signal). And lastly, we are definitely the loud Americans no matter where we go! Hardly anyone talks in the grocery store or on the bus. It's silent. I'm not even a loud person and I feel loud...that's definitely saying something.




No comments:

Post a Comment