Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Copenhagen!

Well it's crazy that I'm actually living in Europe. The jetlag has finally passed and I can actually enjoy being in Europe. It's beautiful here and we've really lucked out with the weather. Apparently they've been wearing coats all summer but it's actually been hot. We did a scavenger hunt today which sounds really fun but we didn't have time to get to all of the destinations and more importantly, we didn't have time to eat lunch. So we were all a bit grumpy. But...before the grumpiness set in, it was great. I learned a lot about the city.

 This is a picture of the Queen's residence. The DIS teacher who was stationed here explained that the Parliament literally and figuratively replaced the monarchy in the 20th century and that the queen doesn't have the "right" to pay taxes which I thought was really interesting and very Danish concept.
 My group! The girls on the left live in my house and the girls on the right live next door in the Culinary House. (I already told them that they'll be cooking for me). 

 This is inside the super modern library called "The Black Diamond"
This RIGHT by where all of my classes will be and a short walk from where I live.
Christine and I (one of my friends from Wooster) climbed the Church of Our Saviour spire. Not gonna lie, there were moments when I thought I was going to die. But the view was definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment