Tuesday, November 6, 2012

MollyS take Copenhagen

One of my BEST friends visited me this weekend - her name is also Molly. She is studying abroad in Spain and impulsively booked a flight to Copenhagen for the weekend. For months I've been living my own little life here in Denmark and I didn't realize how much I wanted to share it! It was so great to be able to show her around, to point out funny signs and words and take her to the jungle that is the Netto grocery store. We did all of the touristy stuff like walking on the Stroget, seeing Nyhavn, taking the mermaid picture and going to Christiania. I made her try some pickles (she ate the entire jar during her stay - if that's not a mark of a match made in heaven, I don't know what is),  some Danish pastries, rye bread and beets (basically my Danish diet). Another girl from her program is also from Wooster so we all had a bit of a Wooster reunion.


Below is a Wooster gathering in front of the Little Mermaid. And to the left, Molly is high-fiving my friend Hans. 


It was so great to have Molly here. My best friend + Copenhagen = one of the best weekends of my life. Not to mention, she also picked a great weekend to come. Friday was J-Day which is a big deal here. It's when the Jule Beer for Christmas is released. They had these trucks covered in ice where people in Blue santa outfits and white hair hats would sing christmas beer songs. It was hilarious and weird and Danish. 


Yayy Mollys together again!
Saturday was a beautiful sunny day. We walked around, biked around and looked for white jewelry and neon bracelets because Saturday night was Sensation. I still can't believe I went to this. Sensation is a massive rave that tours Europe and this year the extra big one was in Copenhagen - nearly 20,000 people. So many people, all wearing white, listening to loud music and watching an incredible light show...from 7 to 3am (that's a long time). It was crazy and definitely a great study abroad experience that was made all the better because I had Molly and my Copenhagen friends all together.

Picture from the official Sensation website from Saturday night.

Sunday, we got to the train station by 9am and made our way to the airport and bid farewell for now. I got some popcorn for myself to make me feel better. Sad to say goodbye but I am so happy that this weekend worked out and that it was so great. Not to mention, I go to Italy in a week. Overall, life is pretty good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment