Tuesday, June 4, 2013

So long Shillong!



Today is our last day in Shillong so here is a collection of pictures/memories from our time here!



Above left: picture of the intersection right outside of our college. Above right: we escaped one night and visited a park right at sunset!

Below left: They have been working on a fish tank in our college the entire time here. To the right, one of the desserts our chef made! So cute! Apparently he's the head of the confectionary department at a local hotel! 

 



  

Giant caterpillars and giant beautiful flowers 



Downtown Shillong, where we do our shoppin'

 
City streets and kittens on roofs!


Downtown Shillong. Lots of umbrellas up here in the rainy mountains! And we're leaving right at the beginning of monsoon season. 



Well it's been an interesting few weeks. The weather changes every five minutes and so do my feelings about Shillong (these rapid changes also apply to the bowel movements of pretty much everyone in our group. TMI? In India there's no such thing as TMI.) 

I appreciate everyone who welcomed us so warmly but I think we are all excited to move on and see some new parts of India! I have also appreciated the wifi. I don't know when/if I will get internet access again so thank you for reading this! I will post again if I can! We leave bright and early tomorrow morning for Guwahati where we will ride some elephants (yayy!) right before boarding a train for eight hours (hmm...). Then it's off to Darjeeling where we will all try to avoid altitude sickness and drink lots of tea! 

I return to America on June 14th (a ten hour layover in Delhi, a plane to Frankfurt and a 13 hour flight to Chicago before finally boarding my last plane to Boston!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment